Monday, September 22, 2008

ALLIGATOR!!!!!!

Faux that is....

Cherie showed us how to do faux alligator at the stamp share on Saturday and it was so ding dang cute I had to try it. She even gave us the dimensions for this bag. I just added the red ribbon and I think a different stamped image on the inside. I loved it....Thanks Cherie


Other than the edge of my stamp appeared next to friends, I really like how this turned out. I used it as a "learn from my mistake" and cut your rubbah closer or wipe off the edge before stamping....or, embellish!

Tune in tomorrow for the folders for my hostess club. I did it a little different this year!

Stamp set: Eastern Blooms, Best Yet (level 1 hostess)

Ink: Real Red, Basic Black

Accessories: 5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Designer Brads (circle assortment), Black EP, Heat Tool

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

great project, it does look like leather. and there are never any mistakes in stamping, just opportunity for more embellishments!

Anonymous said...

wow, this does look like leather! really great project.

Kim Jenkins said...

What a cool look - you will have to share how to do this!

Unknown said...

I really like the faux alligator look! Can you share the technique? I think I know, but want to be sure.

My Cardshow